Last updated 20 March 2021
Many years ago this piece was penned for us, and it still holds true:
By joining our Society, you will certainly gain more pleasure from your hobby. And with your help, the work of our Society will continue, for the benefit of all who appreciate cards, now and forever.
You see, every card collector, whatever they collect, is warmly welcomed to join us, and to join in with us.
- Full Adult U.K. Membership is £27 per calendar year
- Full European Subscription is £30 per calendar year
- And from outside Europe just £38 per calendar year
You might be asking why should you join when you can view this website for free? Well the answer is that there is a lot more to us than just our website: here are just ten reasons to join us ..
- – you can share information, contribute to research, and chat about cards with people who share your interest
- – you become part of the largest card reference project and database in the world
- – you receive a regular bi-monthly, printed, colour A5 size magazine – for which you are invited to write articles
- – you can vote in our annual “Cartophilic Cup” competition to select the year’s best article, or maybe win it with the one you wrote
- – you have full use of our library– the finest repository of card research in the world
- – you receive a discount on all the books in our bookshop
- – you can advertise free for your personal card wants via our “Memberads” advertisement section and on this website
- – you will not pay any buyers premium on cards you buy through our regular postal auctions
And one day, when life returns to normal,
9. – you will have access to all our regional and worldwide branches, meetings, fairs and auctions
10. – and you will be able to attend one or both days of our Grand Annual Card Convention and Card Fair for free, and you will be allowed admission to that card packed hall before the general public are allowed to. Also do note that some other card fairs also give free or reduced price admission to our members
Now as it is purely the cost of posting our magazines to you by airmail that makes overseas membership more expensive, we now offer online world-wide subscriptions. All this means is your magazine arrives electronically, not as a printed copy – and you read it on a computer, tablet, or phone. Best of all, you still receive the same benefits as all other members, as outlined above! It is too early to say if this will be extended to UK members, but we do welcome your opinions.
The buttons below are direct links to pay your subscription. But if you would still like to ask questions, please do. You can email our membership secretary through our online contact form, which you reach by clicking HERE.
And we look forward to greeting you as a society member very soon.
|Membership||Annual Subscription (per calendar year)||Buy Now|
|Full membership (UK)||£27.00|
|Full membership (EU)||£30.00|
|Full membership (International)||£38.00|
|Online membership (Non-UK Only)||£27.00|
|Under 21 (UK)||£10.00|
|2 Members (Same address) (UK)||£30.00|
|3 Members (Same address) (UK)||£35.00|
A tribute, by Patrick Marks The nineteenth century saw a huge level of development in the food industry, with inventions from making cocoa more useable by Cornelius Van Houten to the development of products using the essence of meat, namely Liebi
Today is Twilight Zone Day. The strangest thing about the day is that it is May 11 every year, but I have looked everywhere and not found any site that claims to be able to tell you why. Maybe it is just a date plucked from thin air, in a superna
two specialist cigarette and trade card auctions coming up, and both catalogues are already online for you to browse, and ponder.. Tim Davidson Auctions of Nottingham is May 18th and 19th - whilst Reeman Dansie of Colchester is on May the 20th